Baramulla, June 11, CNS: At least five persons including three members of a family, were hospitalized on Tuesday after they consumed ‘poisonous’ tea in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
Reports said that an elderly woman in Itkoo Dobiwan area of Baramulla
accidentally used some poisonous substance while she was preparing tea for her husband, son and two neighbours.
After consuming the tea all the five felt dizziness and were later shifted to sub-district hospital Magam where they were referred to JVC Bemina for specialized treatment.
Those hospitalized were identified as Abdul Gani Sofi, his wife Saja and their son Farooq Ahmad Sofi, Ghulam Qadir Waza son of Ghulam Muhammahd Waza and Ghulam Mohammad Wani.
A police official said that they have registered a case and investigation has been taken up.